As per our Terms and Conditions, this is the definition of Major Cancer covered by the plan:
A malignant tumor positively diagnosed with histological confirmation and characterized by the uncontrolled growth of malignant cells with invasion and destruction of normal tissue.
The term malignant tumor includes leukemia, lymphoma and sarcoma. For the above definition, the following are excluded:
- all tumours which are histologically classified as any of the following:
- having borderline malignancy;
- having any degree of malignant potential;
- having suspicious malignancy;
- Neoplasm of uncertain or unknown behaviour; or
- Cervical Dysplasia CIN-1, CIN-2 and CIN-3;
- any non-melanoma skin carcinoma unless there is evidence of metastases to lymph nodes or beyond;
- malignant melanoma that has not caused invasion beyond the epidermis;
- all Prostate cancers histologically described as T1N0M0 (TNM Classification) or below; or Prostate cancers of another equivalent or lesser classification;
- all Thyroid cancers histologically classified as T1N0M0 (TNM Classification) or below;
- all tumours of the Urinary Bladder histologically classified as T1N0M0 (TNM Classification) or below;
- all Gastro-Intestinal Stromal tumours histologically classified as T1N0M0 (TNM Classification) or below and with mitotic count of less than or equal to 5/50 HPFs;
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia less than RAI Stage 3; and
- all tumours in the presence of HIV infection.
Please refer to the attached Terms and Conditions for more information.